“Our country’s founding fathers established the states as laboratories of democracy, where each state could choose its own path and learn what works. In Tennessee, we now know what works.” Governor Bill Haslam
"Eight years of conservative leadership applying conservative principles of governance have made Tennessee one of America's greatest success stories." Senator Kerry Roberts
- 400,000 net new jobs have been created.
- The state’s unemployment rate has hit record lows and continues to outpace the national rate.
- Tennessee is one of the lowest taxed states in the nation.
- Investments in infrastructure to ensure Tennesseans have a safe, reliable transportation network to access the jobs of the future.
- Tennessee has put in place higher standards and greater accountability for our students and educators.
- Through the new state standards, Tennessee students are now the fastest-improving in the nation.
- The state will have invested nearly $1.5 billion into K-12 education, with $500 million going to teacher salaries.
- Tennessee’s high school graduation rate has hit a record high and more students than ever are going to college.
- Tennesseans can attend college tuition-free through Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect.
Efficient and Effective Government
- State government has shrunk through $578 million in cuts from the state budget.
- The Rainy Day Fund tripled, providing the state with long-term financial security.
- Tennessee has the lowest debt per capita of any state.
- Tennesseans have seen $572 million in tax cuts, including a 30 percent cut on the sales tax for groceries.
- State employees are rewarded for providing the best service through performance-based pay.
For more information, click Tennessee Will Lead at http://tn.gov/tnwilllead.html